Saturday, October 8, 2011

London, Ohio

I finally have a computer again. Joe broke the screen on my computer last week and I have been without (and without insanity) ever since (darn). But now I'm back in business! And to celebrate, I have some pictures of a truly amazing experience: London, Ohio

Today, our friends Will and Courtney took us to our very first auction (they are old pro's) in London, OH. Let me tell you, it was awesome! It was an incredible array of some pretty worthless collectibles. It was certainly better than any thriftstore I've ever been. I was shocked when I saw just how many things (or boxes of things) sold for $2.

I have to say, the bidding part was the most fun.

There were multiple wagons piled high with boxes of junk/garbage to bid on (and if no one wanted a box, they would just keep adding things to it until it sold):

Furby

Unfortunately, this guy was bid on while we were getting lunch :(


R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Joe and I ended up with a pretty good haul for a grand total of $7:
  • Box of Cups/Glassware
  • Tree Trimmers
  • 8 Foot Folding Table
  • 2 Shirts
  • Vegetable Steamer (thanks to Courtney)
  • Plastic Tote w/ Lid


This guy came in my box of glasses. . . but I decided it could go ahead and be placed on the "free" table. Update: doesn't it look like these two people are in my mug? Get out of there gnomes!

All in all, I would say it was a successful day, and as soon as we got home from the auction, we put those tree trimmers to work:


I would highly recommend you check out an auction near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment