Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mystery Solved

Joe and I (well mostly just me. . . I'm not sure Joe knows/cares) had beautiful hydrangea flowers at our wedding.


I absolutely loved them. So 2 months ago I had a great idea. . . why don't I dig up all of Carl's (previous home owner) crappy half dead plants and plant a beautiful hydrangea bush?

So off to Lowe's we went (I hope you are noticing by now that we practically live at Lowe's).  The only problem was all of the hydrangeas in stock hadn't started blooming yet (and were not labeled with any sort of discernible color) and I really had my heart set on a blue one (reference wedding photo's). But I took a leap of faith and picked one.

I planted it mid July, which in Ohio sort of resembles this:

So my poor hydrangea spent the first few weeks of its life looking like this:
But thanks to my incessant over-watering, today, September 8, 2011, the mystery has been revealed.




BLUE PURPLE IT IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment